TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these terms and conditions, references to “we” and “us” are to The Laptop Fixers Ltd trading as PC Protect, iFixTech, The Laptop Fixers, The Laptop Shop, Online Cloud Store and Total Software Solutions.
By using services provided by The Laptop Fixers Ltd you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to.
PC PROTECT MANAGED SERVICES
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for ensuring that you have backed up all data on your computer before we access your system. We will not be responsible for any loss of data, pictures, information or programs on your computer.
If you have not made any backups of your data then we can do this for you. Please contact us as soon as possible to arrange for your data to be backed up before we start work on your computer. Please note, mechanical failure of your hard disk or other components inside your computer can occur without warning during our intensive diagnostics. Virus and malware infections can also damage your data and could lead to unpredictable problems and could result in data loss.
- On commencement of your plan, we will receive details by email on how to set up PC Protect and/or Livedrive Cloud Backup as required. Please ensure you use a valid email address.
- Payment is monthly or annual by debit/credit card or direct debit via PC Protect website.
- PC Protect Hours of service are Monday to Friday 9.00 am till 5.00 pm.
- PC protect supports all kinds of devices ranging from Apple Mac and Windows Laptops and Desktop PC’s. PC Protect can optionally support portable and mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets. Please ask about our mobile device service.
- What’s not included in PC Protect support plans – Printer Repairs, Out of Hours support (but can be booked by appointment only and out of hour fees may be charged), on-site support, Windows Operation systems that pre-dates Windows XP & Windows Vista, Apple Mac OSX that pre-dates 10.4.
- Fair Usage – Under our fair usage policy.
- Please refer to the pricing plans for remote support entitlement. Entitlement differs between plans.
- Service Level Agreement – We will endeavour to deal with your support issue immediately. If we are unable to we typically deal with your support as follows:
PC Protect Basic and Home Plans: Usually same day if reported before midday. Next Working day if reported after midday. During our busy periods, please allow 1-5 business days.
PC Protect Business Plans: Within 1 business day, usually within 2 hours.
- Remote Support relies on a reliable and working broadband connection. If you are experiencing for example, network issues, broadband/internet issues, severe virus infections, hardware faults which we would not be able to resolve remotely or over the phone we can arrange to either visit your premises, or your computer would have to be brought into our workshop and standard pricing rates would then apply. The 10% Discount would then come into effect.
- PC Protect Service plans are on a per device basis i.e. if you have two or more computers you want to be covered by PC Protect then you need to take out a multi-plan subscription. Multiple Computers discount will apply.
- In-store membership discount covers labour only and does not apply to any hardware purchases.
- If you plan does not come with Managed Bitdefender, you can purchase Bitdefender Anti-Virus and Internet Security separately and we provide discounts for multiple licences – please enquire.
- You can cancel within 14 calendar days of purchase by calling us on 01202 805 000 providing the service has not been used you will get a full refund on any payment made. The contract between you and PC Protect starts on the date stated in the order confirmation.
- The annual contract lasts for a minimum period of one year and will renew on an annual basis.
- The monthly contract lasts for a minimum period of three month sand will renew on an monthly basis.
- Either party must give the other party 30 days written notice (including by email) of its intention to terminate the contract prior to the anniversary of the date the contract started. Otherwise, the contract will remain in force and you will be bound by the terms and conditions of the contract. The contract between you and PC Protect, and all terms and conditions in this document remain in effect until such time as the written notice (including by email) of termination given by either party has elapsed.
- You may give notice of your intention to cancel your agreement by writing to us at: The Laptop Fixers t/a PC Protect. 348-352 Ringwood Road, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0RY.
- Your service agreement is with The Laptop Fixers Ltd. Registered office The Laptop Fixers, 348-352 Ringwood Road, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0RY, No: 06032990
PC PROTECT ONE – UNLIMITED REPAIRS
- All Labour is included in the PC Protect ONE plan totally free up to a max of 1 hour per repair request.
- Parts are not included and are invoiced separately.
- Fair Usage Policy Applies
- If you have replaced your device this is covered, we need to de-register your old device and re-register your new device. You can do this in-store at anytime or simply contact us by phone or email.
- All devices added to the plan cannot be claimed on the policy for one month after registration.
- You can add devices to your plan anytime. To add a new device we will need to know the device serial number and user name/address. New devices cannot be claimed on the policy for one month after registration.
- PC Protect ONE is non-transferable without our written consent.
- Only PC Protect ONE subscribers and their immediate family devices will be covered. Proof of purchase / proof if ID may be requested on booking in your device.
If a member is found to be abusing the service by exceeding the level of use reasonably expected our normal rates will apply and/or we reserve the right to suspend or terminate Subscriber’s Subscription Services. In addition, PC Protect reserves the right to suspend or terminate any Subscriber that in our sole discretion, determines are being used (a) fraudulently, (b) by any person other than Subscriber, or (c) for devices not belonging to the subscriber, or (d) for devices not part of the subscription plan. User may terminate the Service at any time by giving written notice or calling Us on 01202 805 000, please see cancellations and refunds policy for full details.
All PC Protect plans are subject to a contract period of 1 year. After your one year anniversary you can give one months notice in writing (or by email) to confirm you want to cancel your PC Protect One plan. You can cancel your plan within 14 calendar days of subscribing with a full refund if your plan is unused and you have changed your mind and no longer want it. After this time, minimum contract period of one year applies.
Although we do not have specific knowledge of your computer configuration we will attempt to minimise disruption to your system as much as we can but we cannot be responsible for any unforeseen issues that may arise from any of our services.
Please note that if your computer system or equipment is under manufacturer warranty our services may affect manufacturer warranty validity. It is your responsibility to assess the effect of our services on any manufacturers warranty.
We cannot be held responsible or liable to any service performed for you regarding:
- any loss data, data corruption, loss of images, documents or information
- any financial loss, or loss and interruption to business or contracts
- any failure by you to follow our reasonable recommendations or instructions
- any losses or issues you may suffer due to your use of (or failure to use) any anti-virus software
- any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable.
ON-SITE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
If you book an on-site repair technician appointment we will need the following at the time of appointment:
- Full access to the equipment being repaired. Electricity mains power & Lighting
- Your agreement to follow our reasonable instructions
Your computer system should have a valid Windows operating systems or Apple OS X operating system installed. If you have not, we will need to purchase and install a retail version of the relevant operating system for your computer. Additional costs and time will be involved.
We are unable to work on unlicensed operating systems.
COURIER COLLECTION SERVICE
We will always aim to collect or delivery your device at the time and day confirmed with you. Our courier service is a service provided by a national courier service and we will not be held responsible for delayed or missed delivery attempts. Please check your receipt or email to ensure your details provided are correct at the time of booking.
There will be charge of £9.99 for each MISSED or REFUSED collections. If the courier attempts to deliver outside the pre-arranged time, then they should leave a calling card for you to re-schedule the delivery. In this case only there will be no additional delivery charge.
REPAIR & DIAGNOSTICS TIMES
Although we aim to get your device repaired / diagnosed as quickly as possible, the service can sometimes take longer than anticipated, especially if parts are ordered from outside of the UK.
All fees payable by you for the Services shall be in accordance with the scale of fees and rates published from time to time by us on our web site (the “Pricing Structure”), and shall be due and payable for provision of the Services in advance of each Fixed Contract Period.
PC Protect Pricing Structure is determined by pre-agreed usage plans with you (“Usage Plan”). We reserve the right to alter the Pricing Structure, including ceasing to offer elements of the Services. The current Pricing Structure will always be posted on our website and where a significant change is made to the Pricing Structure, we will contact you in advance of that new Pricing Structure going into effect. By continuing to access or use the Services after alterations to the Pricing Structure become effective by being posted on our website, you agree to be bound by the revised Pricing Structure as and from the start of the next Fixed Contract Period. If you do not agree to the new Pricing Structure, you can then notify us that you want to discontinue use of the Services. You are strongly advised to monitor our website for any alterations of the Pricing Structure.
Livedrive Pricing Structure is determined by pre-agreed usage limits with you (“Usage Limit”). We reserve the right to alter the Pricing Structure, including ceasing to offer elements of the Services. The current Pricing Structure will always be posted on our website and where a significant change is made to the Pricing Structure, we will contact you in advance of that new Pricing Structure going into effect. By continuing to access or use the Services after alterations to the Pricing Structure become effective by being posted on our website, you agree to be bound by the revised Pricing Structure as and from the start of the next Fixed Contract Period. If you do not agree to the new Pricing Structure, you can then notify us that you want to discontinue use of the Services. You are strongly advised to monitor our website for any alterations of the Pricing Structure.
All fees for our Services are due in advance and your contract will automatically renew on the expiry of the Fixed Contract Period, at which point fees for the following Fixed Contract Period become payable.
During the booking in of your computer we will ask you for certain details which we require to perform the service. This includes your name, address, phone numbers and email address. We may also require your administrator password to access your computer to complete our service.
We may record or keep a detailed note of your conversations with our engineers for records purposes.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.